Thu, Mar 25|
APWA/WTS Public Works Leaders Roundtable
APWA Sacramento and WTS Sacramento are pleased to co-host the bi-annual Public Works Leaders Roundtable and Mixer. Meet the region’s decision makers and learn about their individual career path and priorities as well as their selection processes, and upcoming opportunities.
Time & Location
Mar 25, 2021, 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM
About the Event
Do you want some scoop from the movers and shakers in public works?
If so, this event is for you! APWA Sacramento and WTS Sacramento are pleased to co-host the bi-annual Public Works Leaders Roundtable and Mixer on Thursday, March 25 from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. through a virtual platform. Meet the region’s decision makers and learn about their individual career path and priorities as well as their selection processes, and upcoming opportunities. The roundtable format will also allow you to introduce yourself and ask your own questions – from learning about regional priorities and potential succession plans, to project status and organizational or procedural changes. With three roundtable rotations, attendees will be able to interact directly with three different officials who will be stationed at their own virtual tables. The event will have an open seating, first-come-first-serve format, with each table limited to 8 participants, including the speaker. Each of the three roundtable discussions will be 20 minutes in length, with additional time for mingling before the roundtable discussions and at the conclusion of the evening.
To attend this event, register here.
· Kristin Parsons, Sr. Civil Engineer, City of Elk Grove
· Dave Nugen, Public Works Director, City of Folsom
· Rebecca Neves, City Engineer, City of Placerville
· Stefanie Kemen, Principal Engineer, City of Roseville
· Judy Matsui-Drury, Supervising Engineer, City of Sacramento
· Danielle Schmitz, Director Capital Development & Planning, Napa Valley Transportation Authority
· Melissa Wright, Principal Civil Engineer, Sacramento County
· Fritz Buchman, Deputy Director of Public Works, San Joaquin County
· Rosemary Clark, Director of Operations, Sacramento Area Sewer District
· Mike Malone, Water Director, City of Vallejo
· Albert Stricker, Public Works Director, City of Rancho Cordova
· Rafael Martinez, Director, El Dorado County Department of Transportation
· Amber Collins, Executive Director, Calaveras Council of Governments
· David Leamon, Director of Public Works, Stanislaus County
Stay tuned, additional participating officials will be announced as their attendance is confirmed.
DATE: Thursday, March 25th
5:30 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. Arrive and check-in, mix & mingle in the virtual Social Lounge
6:00 p.m. - 6:10 p.m. Welcome and Announcements
6:10 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. Roundtable Session #1
6:30 p.m. - 6:35 p.m. Break and Table Rotation
6:35 p.m. - 6:55 p.m. Roundtable Session #2
6:55 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. Break and Table Rotation
7:00 p.m. - 7:20 p.m. Roundtable Session #3
7:30 p.m. Event ends; site will remain open for an additional hour of mixing
$15 for APWA and WTS Sacramento Members/Public Employees
$25 for Non-Members
Please note that if you are not an APWA member, you will need to complete a guest log-in, wait about 20 minutes for it to process, and then proceed with your online order (do not use Internet Explorer, payment will not process).
Payments can be made by credit card during online registration. Please RSVP by Monday, March 22nd.
AIRMEET - VIRTUAL PLATFORM:
We will be using the Airmeet virtual platform for this program. Approximately one week before the event, all registered participants will receive instructions on setting up your Airmeet profile. The link to the actual roundtable will be provided a few days prior to the event.
Should you encounter any problems registering please contact Lisa Thut at Lisa.Thut@ghd.com.